What is CBD?
What is CBD oil?
CBD is one of many compounds, known as cannabinoids, that are found in the cannabis plant. Researchers have been looking at the potential therapeutic uses of CBD.
Oils that contain concentrations of CBD are known as CBD oils. The concentration and uses of different oils vary.
Is CBD marijuana?
Hemp and marijuana come from the same plant, cannabis sativa, but they are very different.
CBD oil is a cannabinoid derived from the cannabis plant.
Until recently, the most well-known compound in cannabis was delta-9 tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). This is the most active ingredient in marijuana.
Marijuana contains both THC and CBD, but the compounds have different effects.
THC is well-known for the mind-altering “high” it produces when broken down by heat and introduced into the body, such as when smoking the plant or cooking it into foods.
Unlike THC, CBD is not psychoactive. This means that it does not change the state of mind of the person who uses it. However, it does appear to produce significant changes in the body and has been found to have medical benefits.
Most of the CBD used medicinally is found in the least processed form of the cannabis plant, known as hemp.
How does CBD help pain relief?
A study published in the Journal of Experimental Medicine found that CBD significantly reduced chronic inflammation and pain in some mice and rats.
The researchers suggest that the non-psychoactive compounds in marijuana, such as CBD, could be a new treatment for chronic pain.
Is CBD legal in all 50 states?
Elixicure CBD is legal and available in all 50 states because it the CBD is derived from a hemp plant not to be confused confused with the marijuana plant. Unfortunately there is still some stigma towards hemp-derived CBD, but from a legal perspective, hemp-derived CBD is completely legal. Other companies that are not using hemp derived CBD could be breaking the law in some states if there CBD comes from marijuana plants.
Elixicure CBD Oil is From Ananda Hemp
Ananda Hemp CBD Extraction Facts
Our Hemp CBD is Compliant, Legal, Tested and Grown under sec. 7606 of the 2014 Farm Bill Act
Studies About the Benefits of CBD for Inflammation
There are many more papers out there, but below is a short list of recommended articles regarding CBD and inflammation
- Cannabidiol as an emergent therapeutic strategy for lessening the impact of inflammation on oxidative stress
- The endocannabinoid system: an emerging key player in inflammation
- Anti-inflammatory role of cannabidiol and O-1602 in cerulein-induced acute pancreatitis in mice
- Cannabinoids, endocannabinoids, and related analogs in inflammation
- Cannabidiol, a non-psychotropic plant-derived cannabinoid, decreases inflammation in a murine model of acute lung injury: role for the adenosine A(2A) receptor
- Cannabinoids suppress inflammatory and neuropathic pain by targeting α3 glycine receptors
- Cannabidiol reduces intestinal inflammation through the control of neuroimmune axis
- Diabetic retinopathy: Role of inflammation and potential therapies for anti-inflammation
- Cannabidiol reduces Aβ-induced neuroinflammation and promotes hippocampal neurogenesis through PPARγ involvement
- Cannabidiol attenuates high glucose-induced endothelial cell inflammatory response and barrier disruption
- Vanilloid TRPV1 receptor mediates the antihyperalgesic effect of the nonpsychoactive cannabinoid, cannabidiol, in a rat model of acute inflammation
- Cannabidiol attenuates cisplatin-induced nephrotoxicity by decreasing oxidative/nitrosative stress, inflammation, and cell death
- Cannabinoids in clinical practice
- Pure THC-V inhibits nitrite production in murine peritoneal macrophages
- Cannabinoids, inflammation, and fibrosis
- Amyloid proteotoxicity initiates an inflammatory response blocked by cannabinoids
- Endocannabinoid 2-arachidonoylglycerol protects inflammatory insults from sulfur dioxide inhalation via cannabinoid receptors in the brain
- Protective effect of CBD on hydrogen peroxide‑induced apoptosis, inflammation and oxidative stress in nucleus pulposus cells
- Mechanisms of action of CBD in adoptively transferred experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis
I put Elixicure on my back and and inside of 37 seconds I started to feel better. I could bend, I didn’t have the pain and if it could work on me and my own back, it’s going to be great for my athletes.
Dr. Tim Brown – Sports Medicine Physician